- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Township prevails over MC in League tennis semis
The Manheim Central girls tennis team fell to Manheim Township 4-1 in the Lancaster-Lebanon League playoff team semi-finals.
Sarah Painter and Heather Kulp teamed up for a hard-fought 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 win at first doubles for the Lady Barons, enabling the team to earn a split.
But the Streaks swept singles play to clinch the victory. Emily Mann defeated Sophie Iosue 6-1, 6-1 at first singles, Emily Murphy got past Jessy Miller 6-4, 6-2 in the second match and then Doris Simic held off Kelli Barber 7-5, 7-5 in the number three match.
While Township advanced to the finals to face Lancaster Catholic, a winner over Cedar Crest in the other semi-final match, the Lady Barons (14-4) began preparations for the L-L Singles and Doubles Tournaments later this week.
Last Wednesday, Sept. 25, the Lady Barons wrapped up the league regular season with an easy 7-0 drubbing of Columbia. The victory improved Manheim Central’s final record to 10-1 in Section Two (14-3 overall).
Kelli Barber (6-0, 6-0), Sarah Painter (6-0, 6-0), Heather Kulp (6-1, 6-0) and Cassidy Fischer (6-0, 6-1) lost just two games while sweeping the Tide in straight sets.
The Lady Barons proved to be just as dominant in doubles behind the tandems of Sophie Iosue/Jessy Miller (8-1), Barber/Painter (8-1) and Kulp/Maranda Moyer (8-1).
More TENNIS, page B-3