- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Township prevails over MC in League tennis semis
The Manheim Central girls tennis team fell to Manheim Township 4-1 in the Lancaster-Lebanon League playoff team semi-finals.
Sarah Painter and Heather Kulp teamed up for a hard-fought 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 win at first doubles for the Lady Barons, enabling the team to earn a split.
But the Streaks swept singles play to clinch the victory. Emily Mann defeated Sophie Iosue 6-1, 6-1 at first singles, Emily Murphy got past Jessy Miller 6-4, 6-2 in the second match and then Doris Simic held off Kelli Barber 7-5, 7-5 in the number three match.
While Township advanced to the finals to face Lancaster Catholic, a winner over Cedar Crest in the other semi-final match, the Lady Barons (14-4) began preparations for the L-L Singles and Doubles Tournaments later this week.
Last Wednesday, Sept. 25, the Lady Barons wrapped up the league regular season with an easy 7-0 drubbing of Columbia. The victory improved Manheim Central’s final record to 10-1 in Section Two (14-3 overall).
Kelli Barber (6-0, 6-0), Sarah Painter (6-0, 6-0), Heather Kulp (6-1, 6-0) and Cassidy Fischer (6-0, 6-1) lost just two games while sweeping the Tide in straight sets.
The Lady Barons proved to be just as dominant in doubles behind the tandems of Sophie Iosue/Jessy Miller (8-1), Barber/Painter (8-1) and Kulp/Maranda Moyer (8-1).
More TENNIS, page B-3