- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Fundraiser organized for teacher diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s
Curt Morris was a social studies teacher at Warwick High School for 15 years until he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease at the young age of 46. His symptoms forced him into early retirement.
Curt’s wife, Sandy, also works at the high school, teaching special education. The Morrises, who live north of Lititz, celebrated their 25th anniversary this week. They are the parents of two teenagers, Tyler and Madi.
When some of Curt’s former students read the shocking news about his diagnosis, they wanted to do something to help him and his family financially.
The students are selling “Warriors for Morris” T-shirts for $20 each and asking for donations to a Members 1st Credit Union account.
The black T-shirts are printed with the slogan, “Warriors Against Alzheimer’s Fighting for the Morris family.” They can be purchased by visiting booster.com/warriorsformorris.
To contribute to the fund, send checks to Members 1st Credit Union, c/o Curt Morris, P.O. Box 2110, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. Checks should be made payable to Members 1st Credit Union with “Care for Curt Morris Fund” in the subject line.
For more information on former students’ fundraising efforts, e-mail email@example.com.