- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Fundraiser organized for teacher diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s
Curt Morris was a social studies teacher at Warwick High School for 15 years until he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease at the young age of 46. His symptoms forced him into early retirement.
Curt’s wife, Sandy, also works at the high school, teaching special education. The Morrises, who live north of Lititz, celebrated their 25th anniversary this week. They are the parents of two teenagers, Tyler and Madi.
When some of Curt’s former students read the shocking news about his diagnosis, they wanted to do something to help him and his family financially.
The students are selling “Warriors for Morris” T-shirts for $20 each and asking for donations to a Members 1st Credit Union account.
The black T-shirts are printed with the slogan, “Warriors Against Alzheimer’s Fighting for the Morris family.” They can be purchased by visiting booster.com/warriorsformorris.
To contribute to the fund, send checks to Members 1st Credit Union, c/o Curt Morris, P.O. Box 2110, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. Checks should be made payable to Members 1st Credit Union with “Care for Curt Morris Fund” in the subject line.
For more information on former students’ fundraising efforts, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.