- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Rosemary R. Weit 68, Wilbur Chocolate retiree
Rosemary R. Weit, 68, Lititz, passed away peacefully at Hospice and Community Care, Mount Joy, Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late John E. and Mary C. Frey West. Rose was married to Randy L. Weit for 46 years on June 25.
Rose retired after 22 years from Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate Co., Wilbur Chocolate. She was a member of Lititz United Methodist Church, where she had served as a church secretary. She also served with the Penn Laurel Girl Scout Council, was a Cub Scout Den Leader, and worked with the Amazing Racers Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society.
Rose’s family was the most important part of her life and her other interests included tole painting, sewing, crocheting, calligraphy, gardening, scherenschnitte, bowling, playing bunko with friends, and traveling, especially going on cruises.
Surviving, in addition to her husband, are her children: Laurie A. Weit, fiancÃ©e of Curtis R. Houchin, Penryn, John E. Weit, spouse of Matt James, Worcester, Mass., Amanda S. Cassel, wife of Ian, Lititz; two grandsons: Ryan Batturs, partner of Ellexis Gilbert, Lance Cpl. Michael L. Weit, USMC; a great-granddaughter: Melody Batturs; her siblings: John M. West, husband of Paula, Lancaster, Kathleen F. Cisney, wife of Keith, East Petersburg, Marjorie A. Jackson, East Petersburg, Robert B. West, husband of Cathy, York and Caroline Kennard, Lancaster.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Richard E. West; and a sister: Suzanne E. West.
Rose’s Life Celebration was held at Lititz United Methodist Church on Dec. 29. In lieu of flowers, memorials may sent to American Cancer Society through the Amazing Racers Relay for Life, 314 Good Dr., Lancaster, PA 17603-9983 or Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To share your fondest memories of Rose visit: lifecelebration.com.
Arrangements by Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz.