- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Margaret G. Lefever91, farmer, Rothsville native
Margaret G. Lefever
Margaret G. "Macks" Loose Lefever, 91, of Manheim, passed away Friday, Aug. 26, 2011 at the Pleasant View Retirement Community, where she had been a resident for over nine years.
Born on December 9, 1919 in Rothsville, she was the daughter of the late William and Mamie Garner Loose. She was married 51 years to Donald J. Lefever who passed away on September 17, 1990.
Macks participated in all aspects of farm life, working with her husband on the family farm. She also had a successful drapery sewing business. She was a member of Salem United Methodist Church in Manheim where she was a member of the women’s sewing circle and helped to serve funeral meals. In her later years she enjoyed flower gardening and working on the lawn at the farm.
Surviving is a son: Bruce, husband of Patricia Earhart Lefever, of Manheim; three grandchildren: Daryl, husband of Catherine Brenneman Lefever, of Manheim; Robinne Lefever, of Mount Joy; David, husband of Suzanne Shank Lefever, of Lititz; four great- grandchildren: Derek Lefever; Cassandra, wife of Shawn Sensenig; Joshua and Jacob Lefever; and two great-great-grandsons: Cohen and Drew Sensenig.
Preceding her in death are four brothers: Lester, Raymond, Amos and William Loose; and two sisters: Margie G. Behmer and Anna May Loose.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend her funeral service at the Salem United Methodist Church 140 N. Penn St., Manheim, on Sept. 2 at 2 p.m. Interment will be in Manheim Fairview Cemetery, Penn Township.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be sent in Margaret’s memory to the Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Endowment Fund 544 N. Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.