- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Goldie W. Herman83, Naugels Garment employee, operated day care
Goldie W. Herman, 83, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim, passed away Sunday, March 25, 2012.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late John B. and Agnes Waltz Antes. Her husband, Ezra M. Herman, died in 2007.
Formerly of Landisville, Goldie was a homemaker and worked for the former Naugels Garment Factory in Manheim. For many years she operated a daycare in her home and was a foster parent for newborns. A member of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church of Mount Joy, Goldie was an excellent baker and loved to give her baked goods away to family and friends. She enjoyed going to bingo and working on word search puzzles.
Goldie will be missed by her daughter: Cynthia, wife of Rob Stoner, of Mount Joy; and her son: Gary, husband of Mary Herman, of Elizabethtown; her three grandchildren: Stephanie, wife of Todd Bowman, of Reamstown; Nicole, wife of Brian Macsi, of Lititz; and Janelle Stoner, of Mount Joy; her two great-grandchildren: Natasha and Zachary Bowman; her two sisters: Geraldine Zellers, of Salunga; and Joyce, wife of Robert Caplinger, of Florida; and a sister-in-law: Betty Joyce Antes, of Mount Joy
Three brothers: Phares, Gilbert and Donald Antes, preceded her in death.
Goldie’s family would like to express their grateful appreciation to the nursing staff of Pleasant View Retirement Community for the excellent care she received during her stay at the home.
Relatives and friends are invited to attend Goldie’s funeral at the Sheetz Funeral Home, 16 E. Main St., Mount Joy, March 29 at 11 a.m. Interment will follow in Landisville Mennonite Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Goldie’s name may be made to St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, 37 E. Main St., Mount Joy, PA 17552.
Online condolences may be given to sheetzfuneralhome.com.