- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Frank P. Cerqua92, Army veteran, Manheim Twp. school bus driver
Frank P. Cerqua, 92, of Lancaster, and formerly of Lititz and Las Vegas, Nev., died peacefully surrounded by his family Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011 at the Lebanon Veterans Administration Medical Center.
Born in Waterford, N.Y., he was the son of the late Peter and Loreta Disantis Cerqua. He was the loving husband of Marlene Adams Cerqua and they observed their 44th wedding anniversary in October of this year.
A highly decorated veteran; Frank served in the U.S. Army during World War II and Korean wars. In his retirement Frank drove school bus drive for the Manheim Township School District. Frank was of the Catholic faith; he was passionate about sports and particularly enjoyed watching his grandchildren play. He greatly enjoyed his bus trips to Atlantic City.
Surviving in addition to his wife are a daughter, Marie "Toni," wife of Jeffrey Kurtz;,and two grandchildren: Nicholas and Grace Kurtz, all of Lancaster; and two sisters: Lena Comtois and Mary Engleman, all of Waterford, N.Y.
Preceding him in death are two brothers: Leo and Tylio Cerqua; and two sisters: Lillian Centeni and Antionette "Jenny" Lafrati.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend his memorial service from the Buch Funeral Home, 21 Market Square, Manheim, on Nov. 25 at 11:30 a.m. Interment service will be private and at the convenience of the family in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville.
Contributions may be sent in Frank’s memory to the Lebanon Veterans Administration Medical Center Hospice Unit 1-4B, 1700 South Lincoln Ave., Lebanon, PA 17042, Attention: CC Kurt Sieler.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.