- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Florence M. Vlassis
82, St. Joseph Hospital
and WITF volunteer
Florence M. Vlassis, 82, of Lancaster, passed away unexpectedly April 24, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital after a brief illness.
Born in Reading, Florence was the daughter of the late Euripides and Mary E. (Calludis) Mavrides. She was married for 60 years to Wallace T. Vlassis.
Florence worked for Lancaster School District as a library aide for 13 years before retiring in 1985.
A member of Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Florence was a member of the Philoptochos Society, and was past president of Daughters of Penelope.
She was a volunteer at St. Joseph Hospital and WITF TV.
In addition to her husband, Florence is survived by her children: Diane M. (Kenneth) Gunzenhauser of Lititz; Theodore W. (Christine M. ) Vlassis of Mountville; Nicholas W. Vlassis, Lititz; and daughter-in-law: Christine M. Vlassis, of Lancaster; five grandchildren: Andy (Ashley) Westphal; Anthony and Stephen Vlassis; and Nicholas and Jenna Vlassis; and two great-grandchildren: Maya and Violet Westphal. She was preceded in death by her siblings: Helen E. Koumaras, Constantine Mavrides, and Michael Mavrides.
Funeral services were held April 30 at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Lancaster, with Rev. Alexander Goussetis officiating. Interment was in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Florence’s memory may be made to Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, or the Penn State Four Diamonds Fund, Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, 600 Centerview Drive, PO Box 852, Hershey, PA 17033-0852 or givetopennstatehershey.org.
To send an online condolence visit snyderfuneralhome.com.