- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Eugene O. Lange91, WWII vet, Luthercare resident, cabinet maker
Eugene O. Lange, 91, formerly of Denver, passed away Sunday, July 8, 2012 at Luthercare, Lititz.
He was born in Alton, Ill., to the late William and Rose Lange. Eugene was the husband of Margaret M. (Wiggin) Lange and the late Ruth M. (Hoffman) Lange .
Eugene was a member of Ephrata Bible Fellowship Church, Ephrata. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He was a life member of the Vero Beach, Fla., VFW Post. He enjoyed wood carving and travel. Eugene always made everyone smile and he loved to talk. He will be missed by all who ever met him. Eugene worked as a farmer, carpenter, cabinet maker, bakery worker and retired from John’s Manville Fiberglass Company of Defiance, Ohio, after 29 years of service.
In addition to his wife, Eugene is survived by a son: John F. Lange, husband of Joyce (Masthey), of Granby, Conn.; three grandsons: Chris Lange, of St. George, Ga.; Jeff Lange, of Tarrifville, Conn.; and Ethan Lange, of Granby, Conn.; a great-granddaughter: Madison Lange, of Yulee, Fla.; a sister: Rose M. Roehrig, of Defiance, Ohio; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held on July 12 at the Ephrata Bible Fellowship Church with Pastor Robert Cramer officiating. Interment took place following the service at Pine Grove Mennonite Cemetery, Bowmansville.
If desired, memorial contributions in Eugene’s memory may be made to Luthercare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.