- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Elizabeth D. Barr79, Moravian Manor resident, RCA retiree
Elizabeth D. Barr
Elizabeth "Betty" D. Barr, 79, of Manheim, passed away peacefully Sunday, July 10, 2011 surrounded by her loving family at Moravian Manor.
Born June 11, 1932 in Columbia, she was the daughter of the late Lester D. Dietz and Laura E. (Donley) Price.
Betty worked for RCA in Lancaster for more than 33 years, retiring in 1987. Following retirement, she worked at Y&S Candies in Lancaster for more than 18 years, retiring in 2008. She was of the Methodist faith and was a member of Columbia United Methodist Church.
She will be lovingly missed by a daughter: Eileen M., wife of Harold W. Hess, of Millersville; sons: Steve M. Deardorff, husband of Sharon F., of Manheim; and Jeff D. Barr, husband of Donna M., of Lititz; eight grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and a sister: Verna R. Kulp, of Altoona.
Funeral services were held July 15 at Andrew T. Scheid Funeral Home with Pastor Jeff Snyder officiating. Interment took place in Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens in Columbia.
In lieu of flowers, memorial remembrances can be made in Betty’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County.
To send online condolences to the family, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.