- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Elizabeth D. Barr79, Moravian Manor resident, RCA retiree
Elizabeth D. Barr
Elizabeth "Betty" D. Barr, 79, of Manheim, passed away peacefully Sunday, July 10, 2011 surrounded by her loving family at Moravian Manor.
Born June 11, 1932 in Columbia, she was the daughter of the late Lester D. Dietz and Laura E. (Donley) Price.
Betty worked for RCA in Lancaster for more than 33 years, retiring in 1987. Following retirement, she worked at Y&S Candies in Lancaster for more than 18 years, retiring in 2008. She was of the Methodist faith and was a member of Columbia United Methodist Church.
She will be lovingly missed by a daughter: Eileen M., wife of Harold W. Hess, of Millersville; sons: Steve M. Deardorff, husband of Sharon F., of Manheim; and Jeff D. Barr, husband of Donna M., of Lititz; eight grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and a sister: Verna R. Kulp, of Altoona.
Funeral services were held July 15 at Andrew T. Scheid Funeral Home with Pastor Jeff Snyder officiating. Interment took place in Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens in Columbia.
In lieu of flowers, memorial remembrances can be made in Betty’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County.
To send online condolences to the family, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.