- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Carl R. Steffy
77, dirt track race car driver,’65 winner
of championship race at Grandview
Carl R. Steffy, 77, of Penryn, said goodbye to his loving family Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care.
Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Earl and Lavinnia Ruth Steffy. Carl, "Big Bear," shared 48 years of marriage with the love of his life, Patricia Boltz Steffy, his "Little Bear."
Carl loved dirt track racing and classic country music. His favorite musicians were Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn. He was a Model A Hard Top race car driver and winner of the Mid-Season Championship race at Grandview Speedway in 1965. A member of the York County Racing Club, he also raced at Silver Spring Raceway, Tower City, Reading Fairgrounds and Lincoln Speedway. He enjoyed sprint car races and especially enjoyed going to Williams Grove Speedway on Friday nights with his daughter. He worked for Bunting Oil and was a lifelong truck driver.
He will be greatly missed by his wife; his daughter: Brenda Steffy and Pappy’s Angels, his granddaughters: Stephany, Ashley and Nicole Shepherd, all of Manheim. He was preceded in death by his brothers: Earl Jr. and Robert Steffy.
There will be a private burial held at the convenience of the family.
Donations in Carl’s memory may be made to the York County Racing Club, 568 Yale St., York, PA 17403 or Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. To send online condolences, please visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.