- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Addie Lee Spatz
98, WWII Women’s Army Corps vet, worked at Brethren Village
Addie Lee Spatz, 98, passed away at her residence of Brethren Village, Lancaster, Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013.
Born in Cedartown, Ga., she was the wife of the late Harold S. Spatz who died Aug. 7, 2009. She was the daughter of the late Thomas and Georgia Hendricks Evans.
Addie proudly served her country with the United States Army, Women’s Army Corps during World War II. She also worked as a dining room supervisor at Brethren Village.
Addie was a member of the Oregon United Methodist Church and was a member of the Golden Chimers Bell Choir at Brethren Village.
She is survived by three children: Harold S., husband of Leanne Spatz, Elverson; Jean S. Luecker, Lancaster; Judith O. Tenne, Doylestown; eight granddaughters and five great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Relatives and friends attended Addie’s life celebration funeral service from the Chapel at Brethren Village, Dec. 27, 2013 with Chaplain Dana Statler officiating. Interment was at St. John’s (Hains) Cemetery, Wernersville.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Brethren Village, 3001 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17606.
To share a fond memory of Addie, visit lifecelebration.com.