Community rallies for ambulance building campaign

By on January 14, 2015

Community response for the Warwick Community Ambulance Association’s building campaign has been tremendous since the public phase has started. More than 880 contributions have come in from residents and local businesses, putting the campaign at 80 percent of its $500,000 goal as the new year starts.

“The community response has been terrific. Residents, businesses, and organizations have provided over $400,000 in contributions and pledges for the building campaign. We are extremely grateful,” said Frank Kenavan, WCAA president.

Kenavan is hopeful that the community’s help will continue so that the $500,000 goal can be achieved early this year.

The ambulance service completed the building expansion in 2014 at its location on 151 North Lane, Lititz, to respond to immediate needs for additional space. An additional 2,800-square-feet were added to the building giving it three new garage bays to shelter and protect all seven ambulance service vehicles from the outdoor elements. In addition, the improvement project restored and enhanced the flood plain along Lititz Run.

This building campaign is the first capital improvement project undertaken in 24 years by the ambulance service, which serves over 10,000 residents, plus thousands of area visitors, in the Borough of Lititz, a large part of Warwick Township and portions of Elizabeth and Penn townships.

For more information, or to make a contribution to the WCAA building campaign, visit warwickems.org or contact the WCAA at 627-0143.

Times have changed since the Warwick Community Ambulance Association started in 1957, but the strong relationship between the community and the people who provide steadfast ambulance service for area residents continues. Contributions to the WCAA Building Campaign have reached the 80 percent mark as 2015 begins. This 1960 photo taken at the ambulance facility on North Lane, shows current Lititz residents Russell Pettyjohn and Dale Shelley, with other volunteer ambulance drivers who helped take area patients to local hospitals in the early years. Pictured (front row, left to right) John Beck, Lester Hess, Harold Horn, Ammon Shelly, dispatcher Bob Longenecker (on stretcher), Dervin Runk, Jake Bushong, Russell Pettyjohn; (second row, L-R) John D. Martin, David Buchter, John Zug, Chris Kohler, Melvin Eichelberger, Ormar Bucher, Dale Shelley, Roger Martin, and Herbert Kraybill.

Times have changed since the Warwick Community Ambulance Association started in 1957, but the strong relationship between the community and the people who provide steadfast ambulance service for area residents continues. Contributions to the WCAA Building Campaign have reached the 80 percent mark as 2015 begins. This 1960 photo taken at the ambulance facility on North Lane, shows current Lititz residents Russell Pettyjohn and Dale Shelley, with other volunteer ambulance drivers who helped take area patients to local hospitals in the early years. Pictured (front row, left to right) John Beck, Lester
Hess, Harold Horn, Ammon Shelly, dispatcher Bob Longenecker (on stretcher), Dervin Runk, Jake Bushong, Russell Pettyjohn; (second row, L-R) John D. Martin, David Buchter, John Zug, Chris Kohler, Melvin Eichelberger, Ormar Bucher, Dale Shelley, Roger Martin, and Herbert Kraybill.

About editor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *