• Out of the Past

    Picture Day! Shown here are students from the Warwick Township High School, who gathered on an autumn day to have their photo taken. Built in 1910, this institution housed grades one through twelve. This school would eventually...

    • Posted October 16, 2019
    • 0
  • Out of the Past

    One hundred and ten years ago this week, Lititz native Charles Rosenberg (left) was a very successful salesman of tonics and cure-alls. His profession would take him all across the United States. For the full Out Of...

    • Posted October 9, 2019
    • 0
  • Out of the Past

    The Reading and Columbia Railroad’s No. 729 train car is shown here situated along the Millway train station during the 1930s. This stop along the line picked up passengers as well as freight. At this local station,...

    • Posted October 2, 2019
    • 0
  • Out of the Past

    Owned and operated by J.B. Bowman, the Lititz Bakery, which was once located along Pine Alley, specialized in pretzels and other confections. While making deliveries, his buggy would travel approximately eight miles per hour door to door....

    • Posted September 25, 2019
    • 0
  • Out Of The Past

    Shown here is an early 1900’s bird’s eye view of Keller Mountain looking west. Geographically, Keller Mountain is the wooded area that connects the town of Rothsville to Lititz.

    • Posted September 18, 2019
    • 0
  • Out Of The Past

    The iconic fountain which was once situated at the square in Lititz is known as The Roebuck Fountain, and was dedicated at the square on October 3, 1895.

    • Posted September 11, 2019
    • 0
  • Out Of The Past

    Ninety years ago, in 1929, The Warwick House on North Broad Street in downtown Lititz was sold for a cool $9,750.

    • Posted September 4, 2019
    • 0
  • Knotty Pine Smoke Shop

    Pictured here is the Knotty Pine Smoke Shop—owned by G.H. Pennypacker was once situated at 15 East Main Street in downtown Lititz. For the full Out Of The Past section, pick up this week’s edition of the...

    • Posted August 28, 2019
    • 0
  • Out of the past for August 22, 2019

    This week in 1979, plans were underway for a major restoration to the building on the far left (located at 17 E. Main Street). Once the home of “General” John Sutter, can you guess what the structure...

    • Posted August 21, 2019
    • 0
  • Historical timeline of the Rothsville Volunteer Fire Company

    It all started with a local business owner who wanted to make a difference in his community. In 1888, Jefferson Usner of Rothsville purchased two hand-drawn, two-wheeled chemical carts with a tank and attached cylinder. Later, the...

    • Posted August 30, 2017
    • 0