- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Noah B. Hurst Sr., 92, Lime Rock Mennonite member, had 119 great-grandchildren
Noah B. Hurst Sr., 92, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at his residence.
He was born in Martindale to the late Frank and Lydia (Burkholder) Hurst and was the husband of the late Mabel H. (Zimmerman) Hurst who passed away in 2012.
Noah was a member of Lime Rock Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference.
He is survived by five children: Mary, wife of Willis Wenger of Womelsdorf; Miriam, wife of Leroy Martin of Lebanon; Noah Jr., husband of Mildred (Zimmerman) Hurst of Lititz; Irene, wife of Irvin High of Myerstown; Elvin, husband of Carol (Haller) Hurst of Lititz; a son-in-law: Lloyd Martin, husband of the late Ruth (Hurst) Martin of Lebanon; 25 grandchildren; 119 great-grandchildren; 10 great-great-grandchildren; three brothers: Paul, husband of Anna Mary Hurst of Ephrata, Frank, husband of Anna Mary Hurst, of East Earl, Ivan, husband of Mary Hurst, of Ephrata; and three sisters: Lydia, wife of the late Ivan Hoover of Lititz; Esther, wife of John Martin, of Denver; and Alta, wife of Stanley Martin, of Ephrata.
In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by a daughter: Ruth Martin; four great-grandchildren; and three sisters: Emma Horning, Katie Horning and Mary Martin.
Services were held July 18 at Lime Rock Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference, Penn Valley Road., Lititz, with Bishop Melvin Martin officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery. Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.