- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Warwick golfers climb to .500 in Section OneGolf
The Warwick golfers were playing in familiar surroundings last Thursday and it showed in the final results.
Competing on their home course, Overlook, the Warriors had two golfers break 80 en route to posting a solid score of 321.
That helped Warwick finish 4-2 on the day while evening their record to .500 (9-9) in Section One action.
Manheim Township (297) finished a perfect 6-0 and Cedar Crest was next at 318, just three shots in front of the Warriors. The bottom four teams were Conestoga Valley (332), Penn Manor (337), Hempfield (338) and Elizabethtown (376).
Drew Baker fired a 77 and Andrew Davies followed with a 79 to pace the WHS linksmen. In his first three outings, Baker has been a picture of consistency with a 77.6 average.
Rounding out Warwick ‘s top five were Josh Kauffman (81), Stephen Frey (84) and Ian Hart (92).
During action last Wednesday, Aug. 24, the Warriors went 3-3 in a Section match at Four Seasons with their round of 338. That was just two strokes behind third-place CV (336) and three back of Hempfield (335). Township remained perfect with a score of 301.
Baker’s 77 led the Warriors and Walt Pelensky (84), Davies (87) and Frey (90) closed out Warwick’s lineup.
Elsewhere, Manheim Central and the Section Two golfers were rained out last Thursday in a match scheduled at Iron Valley.