- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Warwick Girls Hoops Camp is a slam dunk with local players
Approximately 40 girls participated in the Warwick Girls Basketball Camp, which was held last Monday through Thursday, June 20-23. The campers, in grades 3-9, honed their skills in daily stations such as shooting, offense, defense, rebounding, ball handling and passing. Warwick coaches Amy Derr, Fred Gerfin, Colleen Heckman and Denise Claar conducted the camp along with 13 WHS varsity and JV players who were counselors.
Two girls daily received Camper of the Day honors — one in the 3rd-6th grade group and one in the 7th-9th grade group. Those award winners included Kasie Sheaffer and Abbey Finkill (Monday), Paytan Barnhart and Gabby Quirion (Tuesday), Talia Bertrando and Jamie Kolp (Wednesday), and Hannah Reinhart and Emily Williamson (Thursday).
Other award winners included Rylee Derr and Katie Pyle, who were the 1v1 champions, while Destiny Butler, Kirsten Eberly and Kasie Sheaffer took home the 3v3 championship. The two Campers of the Week were Alexa Mohler and Emily Behn.
Sponsors who made generous contributions to the camp this year were Scott Goeble from Schuylkill Valley Sports, Sabre Studio, Julius Sturgis Pretzel and Bakery, High Sports, Penn Cinema, Subway, Wilbur Chocolate, Greco’s Italian Ice and Ice Cream, and Vince Soto for backyard basketball certificates. More CAMP, page B-6