- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Warriors shut out Manheim Central 3-0
Senior Gavin Schaffer finished with a match-high 10 kills and the Warwick boys volleyball team knocked off back-yard rival Manheim Central 3-0 (25-16, 25-19, 25-23) in a non-league match Tuesday night in Lititz.
With Kurt Maysilles and Bryce Workman each stepping up with 10 digs to lead a strong defensive effort, the Warriors won by nine points in game one to grab a lead they never relinquished.
Tucker Ford had eight kills and 14 digs for the Barons, who made things interesting in the next two games, but it wasn’t quite enough. Josh Bowman chipped in with four blocks in the losing cause.
Colton Keller and Workman led Warwick from the service line with three aces apiece. Jon Gonzales and Paul Berg each chipped in with two blocks.
In other action last Thursday, Schaffer recorded six kills and five blocks, leading Warwick in a 3-0 shutout of ManheimTownship (25-19, 25-13, 25-14) in a Section One match.
Elsewhere, Manheim Central dropped a 3-0 setback (26-24, 25-16, 25-13) to Garden Spot in a Section Two match. Ford finished with 10 kills and two blocks, while Micah Hershberger handed out 10 assists to lead Manheim Central.