- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Warriors shut out Manheim Central 3-0
Senior Gavin Schaffer finished with a match-high 10 kills and the Warwick boys volleyball team knocked off back-yard rival Manheim Central 3-0 (25-16, 25-19, 25-23) in a non-league match Tuesday night in Lititz.
With Kurt Maysilles and Bryce Workman each stepping up with 10 digs to lead a strong defensive effort, the Warriors won by nine points in game one to grab a lead they never relinquished.
Tucker Ford had eight kills and 14 digs for the Barons, who made things interesting in the next two games, but it wasn’t quite enough. Josh Bowman chipped in with four blocks in the losing cause.
Colton Keller and Workman led Warwick from the service line with three aces apiece. Jon Gonzales and Paul Berg each chipped in with two blocks.
In other action last Thursday, Schaffer recorded six kills and five blocks, leading Warwick in a 3-0 shutout of ManheimTownship (25-19, 25-13, 25-14) in a Section One match.
Elsewhere, Manheim Central dropped a 3-0 setback (26-24, 25-16, 25-13) to Garden Spot in a Section Two match. Ford finished with 10 kills and two blocks, while Micah Hershberger handed out 10 assists to lead Manheim Central.