- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
Township edges Warwick in OT Boys Soccer
In a battle of Section One cross-town rivals on Tuesday night, the Warwick and Manheim Township boys needed to play needed to play more than 80 minutes of scoreless soccer before a winner was decided.
In the end, the Blue Streaks got a goal from Matt Brubaker, with an assist by Andrew Ransing, in the first OT period and walked away with a hard-fought 1-0 win in both teams’ league opener in Lititz.
The stats were nearly as close as the final outcome. Although Warwick (0-1 L-L, 1-2 overall) had a 7-5 advantage in corner kicks, the Streaks had the edge in shots, 9-4. But both keepers – Warriors senior Kurt Maysilles (8 saves) and Township’s Fladeland (4 saves) – were equal to the task through regulation.
Finally, however, Brubaker’s tally proved to be the difference in the game.
Last Saturday, the Warwick boys traveled to the East Juniata Tournament, where they finished 1-1 in their season-opening action.
In game one, junior Jordan McMullen accounted for the game’s only goal, leading the Warriors to a 1-0 victory over the host Tigers. Danny Kline picked up an assist on the game–winner and Maysilles recorded the shutout.
From there, Warwick faced Lewisburg and suffered a 4-0 setback.