- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
Township edges Warwick in OT Boys Soccer
In a battle of Section One cross-town rivals on Tuesday night, the Warwick and Manheim Township boys needed to play needed to play more than 80 minutes of scoreless soccer before a winner was decided.
In the end, the Blue Streaks got a goal from Matt Brubaker, with an assist by Andrew Ransing, in the first OT period and walked away with a hard-fought 1-0 win in both teams’ league opener in Lititz.
The stats were nearly as close as the final outcome. Although Warwick (0-1 L-L, 1-2 overall) had a 7-5 advantage in corner kicks, the Streaks had the edge in shots, 9-4. But both keepers – Warriors senior Kurt Maysilles (8 saves) and Township’s Fladeland (4 saves) – were equal to the task through regulation.
Finally, however, Brubaker’s tally proved to be the difference in the game.
Last Saturday, the Warwick boys traveled to the East Juniata Tournament, where they finished 1-1 in their season-opening action.
In game one, junior Jordan McMullen accounted for the game’s only goal, leading the Warriors to a 1-0 victory over the host Tigers. Danny Kline picked up an assist on the game–winner and Maysilles recorded the shutout.
From there, Warwick faced Lewisburg and suffered a 4-0 setback.