- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Talbot scores six in Warwick’s 17-8 win
Jess Talbot scored six goals and the Warwick girls lacrosse team erupted for a season-high goal production last Thursday in a 17-8 league victory over Conestoga Valley in Witmer.
That increased Talbot’s team-leading total to 35 goals, to go along with six assists.
Leading 9-4 at the break, the Lady Warriors outscored CV 8-4 in the second half to pull away. With the win, Warwick improved to 4-5 in league play (5-7 overall). They are ranked 23rd in the latest District Three power ratings.
Marleise Emrhein and Jamie Martin scored three goals apiece, while Meredith Michel and Alex White each added two for the Lady Warriors, who outshot CV 27-16. Kelsea Hershey and Jess Cochis combined to make four stops in goal for Warwick.
Bailey Ashworth also got the ball behind Lady Bucks’ keeper Schierenbeck. White and Emrhein helped out with assists.
In other action last Tuesday, April 16, the Warwick girls outscored LCD/Lancaster Catholic 6-4 in the second half as they tried to overcome a four-goal halftime deficit. The Lady Crusaders, though, held on for a 13-11 win at Grosh Field in Lititz.
Michel led the offense with four goals and White chipped in with three goals and an assist to help lead the comeback effort.
Talbot connected twice, while Martin and Courtney Weaver also found the back of the net in the losing cause.
Lancaster Catholic held a 22-17 advantage in shots and Hershey and Cochis combined for nine saves in net.