- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Opening Night 4-3 win goes to Bednar Group
In an exciting Opening Night game for Warwick Little League last Friday, Chase Yarberough picked up the win and delivered an RBI single as Bednar Group held on for a 4-3 win over M&E Roofing.
In a pitchers dual against Conner Evans, Yarberough threw four innings and struck out nine. Evans suffered the tough-luck loss, recording eight K’s in three innings of work.
Bednar Group, managed by Andy Germaine, broke through in the first inning as Jacob Lobb was hit by a pitch and later scored on Yarberough’s base hit, making it 1-0.
The Steve Fink-managed M&E Roofing answered in the bottom of the frame. Brady Givler led off with a double and scored on Thatcher Miller’s two-run homer.
It remained a 2-1 game until Bednar Group took the lead for good in the top of the fourth. Charlie Sipel walked, Lobb had a bunt single and both runners moved up on a passed ball. After Yarberough walked, Tristen Barge’s single drove in Sipel and Lobb and then Yarberough stole home to put the team ahead 4-2.
M&E Roofing got one of those runs back in the bottom of the fourth as Evans and later scored on a fielders choice.
The sixh inning was highlighted by a strong defensive play by Team Fink. Alec Ashcroft ripped a line drive into the left-field gap, but he was thrown out on a perfect relay as he tried to stretch a double into a triple.
With one out in the bottom of the sixth, Zach Zimmerman walked and went to third on two wild pitches. Barge, though, preserved the win for Bednar Group by getting two game-ending fly outs.
Other scores from the league were:
WLL Sei Catering (Coach Horst) won 13-0 over Manheim Central at Wilbur 1.
WLL Diehm & Sons, Inc. (Coach Klazas) lost 11-10 to Manheim Central Red (Coach Burkholder) at Wilbur 2.