- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
MC boys knock off LMH to clinch Section Two title Boys Volleyball
The Manheim Central boys volleyball team wrapped up its fourth Section Two crown in five years on Monday night, defeating league rival Lancaster Mennonite 3-1 in Manheim.
After taking the first two games 25-23, 25-10, the Barons jumped out to a seemingly comfortable 12-5 lead in game three. But the Blazers avoided the sweep with a 20-6 the rest of the way in that game, halving Central’s lead with a 25-18 victory.
Barons’ star Josiah Hershberger then put the finishing touches on another monster night, with 23 kills and seven blocks, as Central clinched the team win with a 25-21 fourth-game decision. The Blazers were as close as 13-12 in that game, but in the end, Manheim Central was able to improve their unbeaten Section record to 11-0.
Nate Ginder chipped in with three aces for the winners.
With one match left in the regular season (Thursday against Lebanon), the Central boys are currently ranked number one in the District Three Double-A power rankings with a 14-1 overall record.
Last Thursday, Hershberger recorded 10 kills, six blocks and two aces while leading Manheim Central to a 3-0 shutout of Cocalico (25-22, 25-17, 27-25).
More MC BOYS, page B-5