- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Manley named to National U19 team
Alyssa Manley, a 2012 Warwick graduate, was named to the 2012-13 U.S. U19 Junior National squad. In July, Alyssa was invited to compete for a spot on the team at USA Field Hockey’s Junior National Camp. This was a four-day camp held at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst campus.
At the conclusion of Junior National Camp, 25 athletes were named to the U19 squad. Manley, along with the other members of the squad, will report to a training camp in January, 2013 at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif. Following the training camp, USA Field Hockey will announce a travel squad that will tour internationally in the spring of 2013.
Manley is currently attending Syracuse University and is a member of the field hockey team. She was previously a member of the U-17 U.S. Junior National Team that toured Holland in April 2011.