- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Manheim suffers 6-4 loss to CV
Josh Good was 3-for-4 with a double and two RBI’s last Saturday, but unfortunately for the Manheim Legion baseball team, it wasn’t quite enough.
Conestoga Valley overcame a 3-0 deficit against four Manheim pitchers and earned a 6-4 win in District 10 American Legion action.
Josh Flanagan, who relieved starting pitcher Blake Reiff, in the top of the fourth, suffered the loss for Manheim, who fell to 3-3 on the season. He struck out four and walked three.
Reiff and CV starter Kruis battled in a scoreless pitcher’s duel until the bottom of the third when Manheim put three runs on the scoreboard. Brandon Guffey walked, Reiff reached on an error, and J.J. Sanchez connected for a two-run single. Two outs later, Sanchez scored on Good’s RBI single to make it 3-0.
Conestoga Valley, though, answered with two runs in the top of the fourth and then took a lead it never relinquished with a three-run rally in the fifth.
Manheim got one back in the bottom of the inning. Dan Wiederrecht singled, stole second and scored on Good’s RBI base hit.
But that’s as close as they would get, as CV added an insurance run in the top of the sixth and held on for the two-run victory.
Manheim returns to action tonight (Thursday) when they travel to face Ephrata at War Memorial Field.
More MANHEIM, page B-2