- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Goodling places 16th at States Golf
In less than ideal conditions on Tuesday, Manheim Central’s Haley Goodling capped an excellent sophomore season at the PIAA Triple-A Girls Golf Championships.
With the golfers dealing with a morning downpour at Heritage Hills Resort in York, Goodling fired a second-round score of 93 and ended up placing 16th with a two-day score of 175 (82-93).
Unable to catch any breaks on the front nine, where she finished with a 51, Goodling was nine strokes better on the front nine — a stretch which included pars on holes 11 and 16, along with a birdie on par-5 hole 18. Her back nine score was better than seven other golfers on the par-72 course.
After the first day of competition Monday, Goodling was 11th overall with her solid score of 10-over 82. That included a 4-over 40 on the front nine. With the exception of a double bogey on par-5 hole 7, the Central sophomore showed a lot of consistency, registering pars on holes 2, 4, 6 and 8 and a birdie on par-4 hole 1.
Council Rock North junior Erica Herr won the State Triple-A girls championship with a two-day score of 4-under 140 (72-68). Pennsbury sophomore Jackie Rogowicz was seven strokes behind with a 3-over 147 (73-74) to earn the silver medal.
Goodling’s sophomore season included a bronze-medal finish at the L-L League Championships, followed by placing fifth at Districts and 11th at Regionals. More GOODLING, page B-8