- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Goodling places 16th at States Golf
In less than ideal conditions on Tuesday, Manheim Central’s Haley Goodling capped an excellent sophomore season at the PIAA Triple-A Girls Golf Championships.
With the golfers dealing with a morning downpour at Heritage Hills Resort in York, Goodling fired a second-round score of 93 and ended up placing 16th with a two-day score of 175 (82-93).
Unable to catch any breaks on the front nine, where she finished with a 51, Goodling was nine strokes better on the front nine — a stretch which included pars on holes 11 and 16, along with a birdie on par-5 hole 18. Her back nine score was better than seven other golfers on the par-72 course.
After the first day of competition Monday, Goodling was 11th overall with her solid score of 10-over 82. That included a 4-over 40 on the front nine. With the exception of a double bogey on par-5 hole 7, the Central sophomore showed a lot of consistency, registering pars on holes 2, 4, 6 and 8 and a birdie on par-4 hole 1.
Council Rock North junior Erica Herr won the State Triple-A girls championship with a two-day score of 4-under 140 (72-68). Pennsbury sophomore Jackie Rogowicz was seven strokes behind with a 3-over 147 (73-74) to earn the silver medal.
Goodling’s sophomore season included a bronze-medal finish at the L-L League Championships, followed by placing fifth at Districts and 11th at Regionals. More GOODLING, page B-8