- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Goodling finishes 2nd at Preseason Junior Tourney
Haley Goodling shot a two-day score of 149 (73-76) and took second place from the Preseason Junior at Nemacolin, conducted by the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Links Course, last Friday and Saturday, June 1-2.
The Manheim Central sophomore was tied for second place after the first round with a 2-over-par 73. In the second round, Goodling shot a 5-over-par 76, missing first place by just one stroke behind Laura Estefenn Diazgranados, of Bogota, Colombia, on the 5,458-yard course.
Battling challenging conditions and a hilly course, with difficult pin placements on the second day, Goodling, in her first AJGA event, recorded birdies on holes 9 and 11. She carded her second birdie of the day on the final hole to secure her second-place finish.
Goodling also finished with two birdies in the opening round, on holes 9 and 15 on her way to a strong start shooting 2-over-par 73.
The girls division in the Preseason Junior at Nemacolin featured players from eight U.S. states and two foreign countries.
The tournament website and full results can be found at www.ajga.org/microsite/index.asp?TN=2013027.
More GOODLING, page B-8