- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Future stars polish skills at Warwick Girls Hoops Camp
This year’s Warwick Girls Basketball Camp attracted 46 girls, who worked hard improving their skills while having plenty of fun times last Monday through Thursday, June 17-20 in the Warwick High School gymnasium.
The camp was open to girls entering third through ninth grades in the 2013-14 school year. Assisting Warwick head girls basketball coach Amy Derr as counselors were alumni Megan Hunt and Meredith Michel, along with current players Maddie Toney, Hannah Shue, Kate Martin, Alexa Mohler, Lindsey Lefever, Destiny Butler, Katie Hipple, (team manager) Taylor Croyle and Morgan Haines.
Campers were divided into two groups, with the little players (grades 3-5) in one and big players (grades 6-9) in another.
Taking home Camper of the Week honors were Amber Houser in the younger group and Abby Garman among the older girls.
The four players in grades 3-5 who earned Camper of the Day accolades were Rachel Horner (Monday), Jess Williamson (Tuesday), Sam Rogers (Wednesday) and Tanner Armstrong (Thursday). In grades 6-9, Abby Rogers (Monday), Mikayla Baker (Tuesday), Emily Williamson (Wednesday) and Hannah Citsay (Thursday) earned Camper of the Day recognition.
Abby Rogers also won top honors in base line shot, dribbling across the gym and elbow shooting, while Julia Forsythe was the top performer in block shooting and X-out layups and she was undefeated in 1-on-1’s.
Caitlyn Grodzicki won the foul shooting competition and Sydney Weismandel took first place in the Hot Shot competition.
More HOOPS CAMP, page B-2