- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Former Warwick teammates will swim at NCAA Division One Championships
Emily Cameron and Dain Bomberger are in uncharted waters.
It’s believed that no swimmer from WarwickHigh School has ever reached the NCAA Division One Swimming and Diving Championships. Later this month, that belief changes as these former teammates will compete at the highest level possible in their collegiate sport.
“You’re talking rarefied air,” Warwick coach Mark Daum said. “This is something very unique, very special, that you may get once in a lifetime.”
Cameron, Warwick Class of 2013, will swim in the women’s championships March 20-22 in Minneapolis, Minn; and Bomberger, Class of 2011, will compete in the men’s championships March 27-29 in Austin, Texas.
While at Warwick, this pair did some damage. Cameron won seven State gold medals, advanced to the Olympic Trials in 2012 and shattered numerous school records. Bomberger won State gold his senior year and also left his mark on the school’s record books. Today, they compete for the University of Georgia and Navy, respectively.
The Record Express covered Bomberger’s record-setting year at Navy in last week’s paper. This week’s focus is on Cameron, whose story is on page B1. There is also an athlete profile on Bomberger published on B6 in this week’s issue.
Bruce Morgan is the sports editor for the Lititz Record Express. He welcomes your questions and comments and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 721-4451.