- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Fair tosses shutout in MC’s 4-0 win
Pitcher Claire Shaak had 10 strikeouts on the mound for the ELCO softball team on Tuesday night, but she got no run support.
Credit Manheim Central’s Katie Fair for that.
The senior pitcher tossed a four-hit shutout and the Lady Barons won their Section Three opener on Tuesday night with a 4-0 shutout in Manheim.
Fair struck out two and walked one, and although Central’s defense committed two errors, the Lady Raiders were unable to capitalize.
Juliana Sheaffer delivered an RBI triple to help lead MC’s offense, which opened the scoring with a run in the bottom of the first and then added three insurance runs in the third inning.
For the game, the Lady Barons’ touched Shaak for seven base knocks.