- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Fair tosses shutout in MC’s 4-0 win
Pitcher Claire Shaak had 10 strikeouts on the mound for the ELCO softball team on Tuesday night, but she got no run support.
Credit Manheim Central’s Katie Fair for that.
The senior pitcher tossed a four-hit shutout and the Lady Barons won their Section Three opener on Tuesday night with a 4-0 shutout in Manheim.
Fair struck out two and walked one, and although Central’s defense committed two errors, the Lady Raiders were unable to capitalize.
Juliana Sheaffer delivered an RBI triple to help lead MC’s offense, which opened the scoring with a run in the bottom of the first and then added three insurance runs in the third inning.
For the game, the Lady Barons’ touched Shaak for seven base knocks.