- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Fair tosses shutout in MC’s 4-0 win
Pitcher Claire Shaak had 10 strikeouts on the mound for the ELCO softball team on Tuesday night, but she got no run support.
Credit Manheim Central’s Katie Fair for that.
The senior pitcher tossed a four-hit shutout and the Lady Barons won their Section Three opener on Tuesday night with a 4-0 shutout in Manheim.
Fair struck out two and walked one, and although Central’s defense committed two errors, the Lady Raiders were unable to capitalize.
Juliana Sheaffer delivered an RBI triple to help lead MC’s offense, which opened the scoring with a run in the bottom of the first and then added three insurance runs in the third inning.
For the game, the Lady Barons’ touched Shaak for seven base knocks.