- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
Doubles sweep boosts the Barons over CV, 5-2
The Manheim Central boys tennis team snapped a 2-2 tie in singles by sweeping all three doubles matches, lifting them a 5-2 win over Conestoga Valley last Friday in a non-league match in Witmer. The victory improved the Barons’ early-season record to 2-0.
Josh Kaiser and Colin Wolgemuth rolled to an 8-3 decision at first doubles, and then Jack Rathmell and Chris Good followed with an 8-2 victory in the number two match. Austin King and Alastair Proud wrapped it up with an 8-5 win at number three.
In singles play, Rathmell stepped up with a key three-set win at number two singles. After taking the first one 6-4, Rathmell dropped the second set 6-1 to CV’s Esch, but the Barons’ senior rolled in the third 10-1 to seal it.
Wolgemuth also earned a win in singles, scoring a 6-0, 6-0 whitewashing of Zechman in the number three match.
On Monday, Manheim Central was scheduled to host Lancaster Country Day, and Warwick was slated to play Garden Spot, however, both matches were postponed due to inclement weather.