- Pretzel Fest returns May 6
- Easter Egg Hunt List
- King Lear: the method to the madness
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Dutchland Rollers open season March 18
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Oscar predictions: In my humble opinion
- Warwick bands will host winter concert this weekend
- Ring in the new year with pork ‘n’ kraut!
- Holiday memories at WHS
Doubles sweep boosts the Barons over CV, 5-2
The Manheim Central boys tennis team snapped a 2-2 tie in singles by sweeping all three doubles matches, lifting them a 5-2 win over Conestoga Valley last Friday in a non-league match in Witmer. The victory improved the Barons’ early-season record to 2-0.
Josh Kaiser and Colin Wolgemuth rolled to an 8-3 decision at first doubles, and then Jack Rathmell and Chris Good followed with an 8-2 victory in the number two match. Austin King and Alastair Proud wrapped it up with an 8-5 win at number three.
In singles play, Rathmell stepped up with a key three-set win at number two singles. After taking the first one 6-4, Rathmell dropped the second set 6-1 to CV’s Esch, but the Barons’ senior rolled in the third 10-1 to seal it.
Wolgemuth also earned a win in singles, scoring a 6-0, 6-0 whitewashing of Zechman in the number three match.
On Monday, Manheim Central was scheduled to host Lancaster Country Day, and Warwick was slated to play Garden Spot, however, both matches were postponed due to inclement weather.