- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Cameron honored by Lancaster County Commissioners
The Lancaster County Commissioners presented a Letter of Commendation to Warwick High School senior Emily Cameron at their meeting last Wednesday, April 10 at the County Courthouse on Queen Street in Lancaster. The commendation honored Emily for winning seven State gold medals at the PIAA Triple-A Swimming and Diving Championships throughout her high school career. The presentation included remarks from the Commissioners in which they noted how winning a state championship is an amazing accomplishment for any student-athlete, but that inning seven is rare and impressive.
On behalf of the citizens of Lancaster County, the Commissioners offered their congratulations on a job well done and stated how proud the community, classmates, school, and her family are of her and her high levels of skill, dedication, spirit, and courage. Cameron will continue her swimming and academic careers at the University of Georgia.