- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Brown, Landis earn titles in Pretzel Twist 5-Miler
Darryl Brown jumped out to a big lead and never looked back in the Lititz Pretzel Twist 5-Mile Run last Saturday, cruising to a first-place finish in 25:31.
Running a sizzling average mile pace of 5:06, the 31-year-old Brown won by just over a minute over runner-up Dominick Rizzon, 29, who crossed the line in 26:32. Rounding out the top three was 27-year-old Daryl Basarab (28:41).
Abigail Landis, 25, clinched top honors among the women while finishing 16th overall in a time of 33:21. That was easily in front of second-place Julia Bateman, 31, who finished in 34:59. Priscilla Caliz, 26, was close behind in third place in 35:28.
Brian Koehler, 32, won the 5K-Walk in 34:19, beating out 42 others to the finish line.
Overall, there were 196 total finishers in the event, including 143 in the 5-Mile Run.
This race is held in memory of Phares "Red" Wilson, who started the Pretzel Twist 36 years ago. All proceeds from the race benefit the Lititz recCenter.
A complete list of finishers is as follows:
More PRETZEL TWIST, page B-8