- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Brown, Landis earn titles in Pretzel Twist 5-Miler
Darryl Brown jumped out to a big lead and never looked back in the Lititz Pretzel Twist 5-Mile Run last Saturday, cruising to a first-place finish in 25:31.
Running a sizzling average mile pace of 5:06, the 31-year-old Brown won by just over a minute over runner-up Dominick Rizzon, 29, who crossed the line in 26:32. Rounding out the top three was 27-year-old Daryl Basarab (28:41).
Abigail Landis, 25, clinched top honors among the women while finishing 16th overall in a time of 33:21. That was easily in front of second-place Julia Bateman, 31, who finished in 34:59. Priscilla Caliz, 26, was close behind in third place in 35:28.
Brian Koehler, 32, won the 5K-Walk in 34:19, beating out 42 others to the finish line.
Overall, there were 196 total finishers in the event, including 143 in the 5-Mile Run.
This race is held in memory of Phares "Red" Wilson, who started the Pretzel Twist 36 years ago. All proceeds from the race benefit the Lititz recCenter.
A complete list of finishers is as follows:
More PRETZEL TWIST, page B-8