- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Brown, Landis earn titles in Pretzel Twist 5-Miler
Darryl Brown jumped out to a big lead and never looked back in the Lititz Pretzel Twist 5-Mile Run last Saturday, cruising to a first-place finish in 25:31.
Running a sizzling average mile pace of 5:06, the 31-year-old Brown won by just over a minute over runner-up Dominick Rizzon, 29, who crossed the line in 26:32. Rounding out the top three was 27-year-old Daryl Basarab (28:41).
Abigail Landis, 25, clinched top honors among the women while finishing 16th overall in a time of 33:21. That was easily in front of second-place Julia Bateman, 31, who finished in 34:59. Priscilla Caliz, 26, was close behind in third place in 35:28.
Brian Koehler, 32, won the 5K-Walk in 34:19, beating out 42 others to the finish line.
Overall, there were 196 total finishers in the event, including 143 in the 5-Mile Run.
This race is held in memory of Phares "Red" Wilson, who started the Pretzel Twist 36 years ago. All proceeds from the race benefit the Lititz recCenter.
A complete list of finishers is as follows:
More PRETZEL TWIST, page B-8