- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
Beamesderfer selected to U.S. Women’s National Team Field Hockey
Warwick grad Meghan Beamesderfer has been selected to the U.S. Women’s National Team’s 18-player roster that will travel to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the International Hockey Federation’s World League Round 2 tournament from March 4-10.
As the No. 10 ranked team in the world, the U.S. received an automatic entry to World League Round 2. The top two teams from World League Round 2 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will automatically advance to World League Round 3, slated for June 2013, and become one step closer to qualifying for the 2014 World Cup.
The six-team round-robin tournament features No. 18 Chile, No. 19 Scotland, No. 27 Trinidad & Tobago, No. 50 Uruguay and No. 55 Brazil.
Another former Lancaster-Lebanon League star, Jill Witmer of Penn Manor, is also a member of the team.
Following her playing days at Warwick, Beamesderfer continued her career at the University of Iowa, where she started every game in her career and helped to lead the Lady Hawkeyes to three straight Big Ten Tournament championships (2006-08).
As a senior, she was named her team MVP, a Second-Team NFHCA All-American and a First-Team NFHCA West Region All American.
For more information on World League Round 2, including schedule, results, news and more, visit the World League Round 2 event page on usafieldhockey.com.