- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Beamesderfer selected to U.S. Women’s National Team Field Hockey
Warwick grad Meghan Beamesderfer has been selected to the U.S. Women’s National Team’s 18-player roster that will travel to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the International Hockey Federation’s World League Round 2 tournament from March 4-10.
As the No. 10 ranked team in the world, the U.S. received an automatic entry to World League Round 2. The top two teams from World League Round 2 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will automatically advance to World League Round 3, slated for June 2013, and become one step closer to qualifying for the 2014 World Cup.
The six-team round-robin tournament features No. 18 Chile, No. 19 Scotland, No. 27 Trinidad & Tobago, No. 50 Uruguay and No. 55 Brazil.
Another former Lancaster-Lebanon League star, Jill Witmer of Penn Manor, is also a member of the team.
Following her playing days at Warwick, Beamesderfer continued her career at the University of Iowa, where she started every game in her career and helped to lead the Lady Hawkeyes to three straight Big Ten Tournament championships (2006-08).
As a senior, she was named her team MVP, a Second-Team NFHCA All-American and a First-Team NFHCA West Region All American.
For more information on World League Round 2, including schedule, results, news and more, visit the World League Round 2 event page on usafieldhockey.com.