- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Beamesderfer selected to U.S. Women’s National Team Field Hockey
Warwick grad Meghan Beamesderfer has been selected to the U.S. Women’s National Team’s 18-player roster that will travel to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the International Hockey Federation’s World League Round 2 tournament from March 4-10.
As the No. 10 ranked team in the world, the U.S. received an automatic entry to World League Round 2. The top two teams from World League Round 2 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will automatically advance to World League Round 3, slated for June 2013, and become one step closer to qualifying for the 2014 World Cup.
The six-team round-robin tournament features No. 18 Chile, No. 19 Scotland, No. 27 Trinidad & Tobago, No. 50 Uruguay and No. 55 Brazil.
Another former Lancaster-Lebanon League star, Jill Witmer of Penn Manor, is also a member of the team.
Following her playing days at Warwick, Beamesderfer continued her career at the University of Iowa, where she started every game in her career and helped to lead the Lady Hawkeyes to three straight Big Ten Tournament championships (2006-08).
As a senior, she was named her team MVP, a Second-Team NFHCA All-American and a First-Team NFHCA West Region All American.
For more information on World League Round 2, including schedule, results, news and more, visit the World League Round 2 event page on usafieldhockey.com.