- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
Barons handle Warwick 4-1 in non-league opener
The Manheim Central boys tennis team served up a win on Monday, defeating back-yard rival Warwick 4-1 in both teams’ non-league opener in Manheim.
The Warriors got in the win column at No. 1 singles, where Tony Deimler outlasted Central’s Josh Kaiser in an evenly-played three-game match, 6-3, 4-6, 10-6.
But straight-set wins at second and third singles gave Central a 2-1 advantage going into doubles action. The Barons’ Jack Rathmell defeated Luke Newberry 6-3, 6-0 and Colin Wolgemuth upended Ethan Quinn by a score of 6-0, 6-0.
In doubles play, Manheim Central’s Chris Good/Austin King team prevailed over Daniel O’Conor and Brian Dieterle in the number one match. Alastair Proud and JT Krueger defeated Warwick’s Caleb Setlock and Chase Henry 6-1, 6-0 to complete the scoring at number two.