- Pretzel Fest returns May 6
- Easter Egg Hunt List
- King Lear: the method to the madness
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Dutchland Rollers open season March 18
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Oscar predictions: In my humble opinion
- Warwick bands will host winter concert this weekend
- Ring in the new year with pork ‘n’ kraut!
- Holiday memories at WHS
Barons handle Warwick 4-1 in non-league opener
The Manheim Central boys tennis team served up a win on Monday, defeating back-yard rival Warwick 4-1 in both teams’ non-league opener in Manheim.
The Warriors got in the win column at No. 1 singles, where Tony Deimler outlasted Central’s Josh Kaiser in an evenly-played three-game match, 6-3, 4-6, 10-6.
But straight-set wins at second and third singles gave Central a 2-1 advantage going into doubles action. The Barons’ Jack Rathmell defeated Luke Newberry 6-3, 6-0 and Colin Wolgemuth upended Ethan Quinn by a score of 6-0, 6-0.
In doubles play, Manheim Central’s Chris Good/Austin King team prevailed over Daniel O’Conor and Brian Dieterle in the number one match. Alastair Proud and JT Krueger defeated Warwick’s Caleb Setlock and Chase Henry 6-1, 6-0 to complete the scoring at number two.