- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Barons handle Warwick 4-1 in non-league opener
The Manheim Central boys tennis team served up a win on Monday, defeating back-yard rival Warwick 4-1 in both teams’ non-league opener in Manheim.
The Warriors got in the win column at No. 1 singles, where Tony Deimler outlasted Central’s Josh Kaiser in an evenly-played three-game match, 6-3, 4-6, 10-6.
But straight-set wins at second and third singles gave Central a 2-1 advantage going into doubles action. The Barons’ Jack Rathmell defeated Luke Newberry 6-3, 6-0 and Colin Wolgemuth upended Ethan Quinn by a score of 6-0, 6-0.
In doubles play, Manheim Central’s Chris Good/Austin King team prevailed over Daniel O’Conor and Brian Dieterle in the number one match. Alastair Proud and JT Krueger defeated Warwick’s Caleb Setlock and Chase Henry 6-1, 6-0 to complete the scoring at number two.