- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Spring Thing returns to St. Luke’s
St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, 222 N. Broad St., will be hosting their annual “Spring Thing” Festival on Saturday, May 3 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The event will include craft, business and yard sale vendors; the sale of Heirloom tomato plants; Granny’s Attic (all sorts of treasures); and a frog stand. Frogs are the mascot of this Festival; and at the frog stand, you will find all things frog-related.
There will be a cafe with lots of food and homemade baked goods as well as lemonade and ice cream stands. In the morning, Moravian sugar cake and coffee will be available for sale; as well as croissant egg sandwiches. Hot dogs will be grilled for lunch, along with sauerkraut and drinks. Kauffman’s chicken barbecue will also be sold.
This year, there will be a large variety of gift baskets that will be raffled off; as well as a silent auction. There will even be a licensed beautician and barber on premises. Clyde Spangler will be sharing his musical talents for entertainment.
The proceeds from the Spring Thing benefit St. Luke’s ministries and the Lititz Warwick Community Chest. There is still room for more vendors; arrive at the church at 6 a.m. and pay $20 for a 10’ wide space. For further information, call Jane at 824-1984.