- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Schaichs celebrate 50 years of marriage
Ed and Sharon Farquhar Schaich of Lititz were married in St. Patrick Church, London, Ohio on June 13, 1964. Both are graduates of Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, where they met.
Ed Schaich was art director for New Holland Fiat and retired in 1999. Sharon enjoyed a long career as a scherenschnitte artist and traveled throughout the east coast displaying her work.
All of their children have careers in design fields: Jeffrey is self-employed as a graphic designer in Boulder, Colo., where he lives with his wife, Christy. Stephanie is a sportswear designer and lives in Spring Lake, N.J., with her husband Barry Bricken and their sons, Jack and Hank. David designs restaurant interiors, builds trade show booths, and designs products for outdoor sports and home interiors. He lives in Denver, Colo. with partner Holly Bishop and their daughter, Jamesyn.
The Schaichs moved to Lititz in 1967. They will be celebrating their milestone in July with their immediate family in a lake house near Grand Lake, Colorado.