- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Schaichs celebrate 50 years of marriage
Ed and Sharon Farquhar Schaich of Lititz were married in St. Patrick Church, London, Ohio on June 13, 1964. Both are graduates of Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, where they met.
Ed Schaich was art director for New Holland Fiat and retired in 1999. Sharon enjoyed a long career as a scherenschnitte artist and traveled throughout the east coast displaying her work.
All of their children have careers in design fields: Jeffrey is self-employed as a graphic designer in Boulder, Colo., where he lives with his wife, Christy. Stephanie is a sportswear designer and lives in Spring Lake, N.J., with her husband Barry Bricken and their sons, Jack and Hank. David designs restaurant interiors, builds trade show booths, and designs products for outdoor sports and home interiors. He lives in Denver, Colo. with partner Holly Bishop and their daughter, Jamesyn.
The Schaichs moved to Lititz in 1967. They will be celebrating their milestone in July with their immediate family in a lake house near Grand Lake, Colorado.