- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Schaichs celebrate 50 years of marriage
Ed and Sharon Farquhar Schaich of Lititz were married in St. Patrick Church, London, Ohio on June 13, 1964. Both are graduates of Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, where they met.
Ed Schaich was art director for New Holland Fiat and retired in 1999. Sharon enjoyed a long career as a scherenschnitte artist and traveled throughout the east coast displaying her work.
All of their children have careers in design fields: Jeffrey is self-employed as a graphic designer in Boulder, Colo., where he lives with his wife, Christy. Stephanie is a sportswear designer and lives in Spring Lake, N.J., with her husband Barry Bricken and their sons, Jack and Hank. David designs restaurant interiors, builds trade show booths, and designs products for outdoor sports and home interiors. He lives in Denver, Colo. with partner Holly Bishop and their daughter, Jamesyn.
The Schaichs moved to Lititz in 1967. They will be celebrating their milestone in July with their immediate family in a lake house near Grand Lake, Colorado.