- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Schaichs celebrate 50 years of marriage
Ed and Sharon Farquhar Schaich of Lititz were married in St. Patrick Church, London, Ohio on June 13, 1964. Both are graduates of Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, where they met.
Ed Schaich was art director for New Holland Fiat and retired in 1999. Sharon enjoyed a long career as a scherenschnitte artist and traveled throughout the east coast displaying her work.
All of their children have careers in design fields: Jeffrey is self-employed as a graphic designer in Boulder, Colo., where he lives with his wife, Christy. Stephanie is a sportswear designer and lives in Spring Lake, N.J., with her husband Barry Bricken and their sons, Jack and Hank. David designs restaurant interiors, builds trade show booths, and designs products for outdoor sports and home interiors. He lives in Denver, Colo. with partner Holly Bishop and their daughter, Jamesyn.
The Schaichs moved to Lititz in 1967. They will be celebrating their milestone in July with their immediate family in a lake house near Grand Lake, Colorado.