- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
Rupps celebrate 65th anniversary
Harold and Peggy (Peiffer) Rupp celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary on March 13.
Harold and Peggy both graduated from Ephrata High School. They married on March 13, 1949 at Grace E. C. church in Ephrata.
After the wedding, Harold worked as a painter for many years. He was employed by various painting and decorating firms. Peggy worked for The Village Square Gift Shop for many years then with Weit’s and Michele’s Hallmark.
Harold continues using his skills by working in the Wood Shop at Brethren Village. Peggy is still active with her card club and working a few hours at the Hallmark store in Ephrata. Both enjoy spending time with their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
The Rupps are blessed with two sons: Barry, husband of Libby (Long) and Bryan, husband of Denise (Warfel) both of Ephrata. They have five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren, all living in the Lancaster County area.
Harold and Peggy continue to be members of Grace E.C. Church of Ephrata.
The couple celebrated a surprise dinner with family on March 23. The Rupps reside at Brethren Village, Lititz.