- MC High school hosts Science Olympiad
- Saturday’s travelogue visits China
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Downtown diversity
- MC Middle School principal resigns
- How sweet it is!
- Cool lineup!
- Free PA campground directory offered
- Reality TV celebrity Jon Gosselin to judge Lititz chili
- Locals earn blue ribbons at PA Farm Show
Rowlands, WHS class of ‘86, promoted
State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan has promoted Matthew K. Rowlands of Danielsville, Northampton County, to lieutenant and assigned him as the eastern section commander, Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement. He most recently served as the station commander of Troop M, Belfast.
Lieutenant Rowlands enlisted in the state police in 1991. Upon graduation from the Academy, he was assigned to Troop M, Bethlehem. As he progressed through the ranks, Lieutenant Rowlands served in Troops M and K. During his career, he served as a trooper, corporal, and sergeant in the patrol and crime units in Troops M and K.
Lieutenant Rowlands was promoted to corporal in 1998 and to sergeant in 2011. Lieutenant Rowlands is a 1986 graduate of Warwick Senior High School and a 1990 graduate of Millersville University.
Lieutenant Rowlands and his wife, Jodi, reside in Lehigh Township, Northampton County.
For more information about the Pennsylvania State Police, visit their website at psp.state.pa.us.