- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Manheim woman is featured speaker at Take Back the Night
Manheim native, advocate and rape survivor Jennifer Shipe will share her story of courage and hope in healing from sexual assault at Take Back the Night on April 10 at 7:30 p.m. at YWCA Lancaster, 110 N. Lime St. The event is one of the many planned in April for Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
Shipe is the founder and chairperson for RAINN ‘EM IN, a unique fundraising effort to support RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network). Her mission has been simple: make the topic of sexual violence more approachable to affect change. With races in Seattle, Lancaster/Philly and Washington DC, over $50,000 has been raised to support RAINN.
Shipe hopes her story of survival and strength will inspire others who are suffering from the wounds of abuse. Take Back the Night invites the community, including survivors, to share their stories of courage and struggle through prose, poetry, music or just being present.
Learn more at takebackthenight.org.