- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Klazases celebrate golden anniversary
Joe and Leona (Taronis) Klazas of Lititz, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Aug. 1. They were married at St. Casimir Catholic Church, St. Clair, on Aug. 1, 1964.
They are the parents of three children: Karen, wife of Bruce Black, Hawaii; Colleen, wife of Tom Bertz, Morgantown; and Joe, husband of Heather Klazas, Lititz. They have seven grandchildren: Jason and Erik Black; Alex, Nicholas and Lauryn Bertz; and Jack and Ella Klazas.
Joe retired from Allan Sherman, Hoff, Malvern. He worked as an operations manager. Leona is a retired R.N. who worked as a labor and delivery nurse in the Birthplace at St. Joe’s/Lancaster Regional Hospital.
The couple will celebrate the milestone with a family dinner in August and have planned a future European River Cruise trip.