- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Historical Foundation slates Plant Exchange
The Lititz Historical Foundation will hold its Annual Plant Exchange on Sunday, May 4 at 1 p.m. The event will be held in the Mary Oehme Gardens, behind the Museum buildings at 137-145 E. Main St., rain or shine.
The plants to be exchanged must be perennials and must have identification tags for each plant. Each plant must be placed in a container for transportation.
Upon arrival, a ticket will be handed out for each plant. The plants must be placed in categories including: sun, shade, exotic, bulbs, herbs and ground cover. These tickets can be redeemed for another plant after all plants are placed in the categories and attendees have some time to explore the Plant Exchange categories.
An announcement will be made at approximately 1:30 p.m. to select plants in exchange for your tickets.
Lititz Garden Club members will be on hand for assistance and to help answer gardening questions. Bring one, two, five, or more plants and enjoy the afternoon in the Foundation’s Gardens.
The event is open to the public and there is no charge, but a free will donation can be made to help maintain the Gardens. To learn more, call 627-4636.