- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Hartman hired as Pleasant View chaplain
Pleasant View Retirement Community is pleased to announce the appointment of Virginia (Ginny) Hartman to the position of Chaplain. Ginny obtained Clinical Pastoral Education from the Spiritual Care and Education Center in Toledo, Ohio, where she trained as a Hospice and hospital chaplain. She received a Certificate in Theological Studies, with an emphasis on pastoral counseling, from the Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart, Ind.
She comes to Pleasant View with a background in chaplaincy in both Hospice and hospital settings. Most recently she has served as Chaplain at St. Rita’s Medical Trauma Center in Lima, Ohio. She has also served as Chaplain at Bridge Home Health and Hospice, and Birchaven Retirement Village in Findlay, Ohio.
In addition to her Chaplaincy, Ginny also received her Nursing Diploma from the Saginaw General Hospital School of Nursing in Saginaw, Mich. She previously served as a Nurse Consultant at St. Rita’s Medical Center in Lima, Ohio as well as the Health Ministry Coordinator and Parish Nurse at Pike Mennonite Church in Elida, Ohio.
For more information, visit PleasantViewrc.org.