- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Hartman hired as Pleasant View chaplain
Pleasant View Retirement Community is pleased to announce the appointment of Virginia (Ginny) Hartman to the position of Chaplain. Ginny obtained Clinical Pastoral Education from the Spiritual Care and Education Center in Toledo, Ohio, where she trained as a Hospice and hospital chaplain. She received a Certificate in Theological Studies, with an emphasis on pastoral counseling, from the Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart, Ind.
She comes to Pleasant View with a background in chaplaincy in both Hospice and hospital settings. Most recently she has served as Chaplain at St. Rita’s Medical Trauma Center in Lima, Ohio. She has also served as Chaplain at Bridge Home Health and Hospice, and Birchaven Retirement Village in Findlay, Ohio.
In addition to her Chaplaincy, Ginny also received her Nursing Diploma from the Saginaw General Hospital School of Nursing in Saginaw, Mich. She previously served as a Nurse Consultant at St. Rita’s Medical Center in Lima, Ohio as well as the Health Ministry Coordinator and Parish Nurse at Pike Mennonite Church in Elida, Ohio.
For more information, visit PleasantViewrc.org.