- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Garners celebrate 50th anniversary
Gene and Sylvia Garner, of Lititz, were honored for their 50th wedding anniversary on July 20 with a drop-in visitation of family & friends.
Gene and the former Sylvia Frey were married July 11, 1964 at Faith Calvary Church, Lancaster.
Gene was a manager of what was then Farmer’s First Bank (Susquehanna) in Neffsville and Lititz. Sylvia was a homemaker and later was employed by Manheim Central School District as a secretary. In retirement, Gene enjoys woodworking and his beautiful flower gardens. Sylvia has always enjoyed children and volunteers at Reidenbaugh Elementary School. Both sing in the choir at their church, Westminster Presbyterian.
They have three children: Jodi, wife of Tom Trayer, Elizabethtown, Heidi, wife of Herb Weidler, Lititz, and Andrew Garner of Lancaster. They are blessed with five grandchildren: Zachary, Nicole, Gretchen, Conrad and Troy.