- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Garners celebrate 50th anniversary
Gene and Sylvia Garner, of Lititz, were honored for their 50th wedding anniversary on July 20 with a drop-in visitation of family & friends.
Gene and the former Sylvia Frey were married July 11, 1964 at Faith Calvary Church, Lancaster.
Gene was a manager of what was then Farmer’s First Bank (Susquehanna) in Neffsville and Lititz. Sylvia was a homemaker and later was employed by Manheim Central School District as a secretary. In retirement, Gene enjoys woodworking and his beautiful flower gardens. Sylvia has always enjoyed children and volunteers at Reidenbaugh Elementary School. Both sing in the choir at their church, Westminster Presbyterian.
They have three children: Jodi, wife of Tom Trayer, Elizabethtown, Heidi, wife of Herb Weidler, Lititz, and Andrew Garner of Lancaster. They are blessed with five grandchildren: Zachary, Nicole, Gretchen, Conrad and Troy.