- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Garners celebrate 50th anniversary
Gene and Sylvia Garner, of Lititz, were honored for their 50th wedding anniversary on July 20 with a drop-in visitation of family & friends.
Gene and the former Sylvia Frey were married July 11, 1964 at Faith Calvary Church, Lancaster.
Gene was a manager of what was then Farmer’s First Bank (Susquehanna) in Neffsville and Lititz. Sylvia was a homemaker and later was employed by Manheim Central School District as a secretary. In retirement, Gene enjoys woodworking and his beautiful flower gardens. Sylvia has always enjoyed children and volunteers at Reidenbaugh Elementary School. Both sing in the choir at their church, Westminster Presbyterian.
They have three children: Jodi, wife of Tom Trayer, Elizabethtown, Heidi, wife of Herb Weidler, Lititz, and Andrew Garner of Lancaster. They are blessed with five grandchildren: Zachary, Nicole, Gretchen, Conrad and Troy.