- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Garners celebrate 50th anniversary
Gene and Sylvia Garner, of Lititz, were honored for their 50th wedding anniversary on July 20 with a drop-in visitation of family & friends.
Gene and the former Sylvia Frey were married July 11, 1964 at Faith Calvary Church, Lancaster.
Gene was a manager of what was then Farmer’s First Bank (Susquehanna) in Neffsville and Lititz. Sylvia was a homemaker and later was employed by Manheim Central School District as a secretary. In retirement, Gene enjoys woodworking and his beautiful flower gardens. Sylvia has always enjoyed children and volunteers at Reidenbaugh Elementary School. Both sing in the choir at their church, Westminster Presbyterian.
They have three children: Jodi, wife of Tom Trayer, Elizabethtown, Heidi, wife of Herb Weidler, Lititz, and Andrew Garner of Lancaster. They are blessed with five grandchildren: Zachary, Nicole, Gretchen, Conrad and Troy.