- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Buchers celebrate 70th anniversary
As children, Melvin and Alta lived in the Lancaster County area. They married on March 4, 1944. The Rev. Amos Host officiated.
After the wedding, Melvin worked the family farm and Alta devoted her live with Melvin to raising their children and assisting on the farm.
Both have many hobbies. Melvin enjoys reading and working in their lawn. Alta loves to do word puzzles and embroidering. Spending time with their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren brings them much joy.
The Buchers are blessed with five children: Nevin, companion of Sue Jones, Lititz; Clete, husband of Barb (Meiskey), Lititz; Thelma Zimmerman, wife of Calvin, Lebanon; John, husband of Beth (Zong), Lititz; and Judy Zimmerman, wife of Ron, Lititz; They have 13 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Melvin and Alta are active members of the Lititz Mennonite Church.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary at Chancey’s Restaurant with family on March 2.
The Buchers are thankful to God for their 70 years of happy marriage and hope He will give them ore years to enjoy each other. They are also grateful for the wonderful blessings of family and friends.