- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Buchers celebrate 70th anniversary
As children, Melvin and Alta lived in the Lancaster County area. They married on March 4, 1944. The Rev. Amos Host officiated.
After the wedding, Melvin worked the family farm and Alta devoted her live with Melvin to raising their children and assisting on the farm.
Both have many hobbies. Melvin enjoys reading and working in their lawn. Alta loves to do word puzzles and embroidering. Spending time with their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren brings them much joy.
The Buchers are blessed with five children: Nevin, companion of Sue Jones, Lititz; Clete, husband of Barb (Meiskey), Lititz; Thelma Zimmerman, wife of Calvin, Lebanon; John, husband of Beth (Zong), Lititz; and Judy Zimmerman, wife of Ron, Lititz; They have 13 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Melvin and Alta are active members of the Lititz Mennonite Church.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary at Chancey’s Restaurant with family on March 2.
The Buchers are thankful to God for their 70 years of happy marriage and hope He will give them ore years to enjoy each other. They are also grateful for the wonderful blessings of family and friends.