- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Buchers celebrate 70th anniversary
As children, Melvin and Alta lived in the Lancaster County area. They married on March 4, 1944. The Rev. Amos Host officiated.
After the wedding, Melvin worked the family farm and Alta devoted her live with Melvin to raising their children and assisting on the farm.
Both have many hobbies. Melvin enjoys reading and working in their lawn. Alta loves to do word puzzles and embroidering. Spending time with their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren brings them much joy.
The Buchers are blessed with five children: Nevin, companion of Sue Jones, Lititz; Clete, husband of Barb (Meiskey), Lititz; Thelma Zimmerman, wife of Calvin, Lebanon; John, husband of Beth (Zong), Lititz; and Judy Zimmerman, wife of Ron, Lititz; They have 13 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Melvin and Alta are active members of the Lititz Mennonite Church.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary at Chancey’s Restaurant with family on March 2.
The Buchers are thankful to God for their 70 years of happy marriage and hope He will give them ore years to enjoy each other. They are also grateful for the wonderful blessings of family and friends.