- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Lititz man guilty of indecent assault and corruption
A local jury convicted a 51-year-old Lititz man of inappropriately touching a 6-year-old girl.
Bruce R. Schmidt was found guilty last week of indecent assault of a child and corruption of minors, both felonies, according to an Intelligencer Journal article.
After three days of testimony before Lancaster County Judge Dennis Reinaker, the jury returned its verdict Thursday morning.
Reinaker then ordered Schmidt to Lancaster County Prison in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Schmidt will be sentenced after a background check is completed.
He will be required to register his whereabouts with police for the rest of his life, according to Assistant District Attorney James Reeder, who won the conviction, the article said.
Schmidt, an acquaintance of the victim’s family, touched the girl at his home on multiple occasions in 2011 and 2012.
The victim first disclosed the abuse to a woman who was a family acquaintance. The woman then contacted police.
The Northern Lancaster County Regional Police filed charges in July 2013, the article said.
At sentencing, Schmidt faces a maximum prison term of 14 years, according to state guidelines.