- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
Barn fire kills 37,000 chickens
A two-alarm blaze at an Elizabeth Township chicken farm killed 37,000 birds Tuesday. The fire was at a two-story chicken house owned by Nathan H. and Veronica L. Myer at 125 Blantz Road. A fire official reportedly said the cause was an electrical malfunction, adding that the building appears to be a total loss. The farm is located near the drained Speedwell Forge Lake and is south of Route 322.
Photo by Kirk Neidermyer