- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Barn fire kills 37,000 chickens
A two-alarm blaze at an Elizabeth Township chicken farm killed 37,000 birds Tuesday. The fire was at a two-story chicken house owned by Nathan H. and Veronica L. Myer at 125 Blantz Road. A fire official reportedly said the cause was an electrical malfunction, adding that the building appears to be a total loss. The farm is located near the drained Speedwell Forge Lake and is south of Route 322.
Photo by Kirk Neidermyer