- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans
Editor, Record Express,
On Jan. 27, 1973 the document now known as the Paris Peace Accord was signed. This agreement was to end the war and restore peace in Vietnam. The last POWs were to leave Hanoi for return to America on March 29, 1973. Many POWs were not returned and the search goes on for them today.
To those service men and women who did return to America, they were caught in the cross fire of public debate about the involvement of the United States in the Vietnam War.
To recognize the honor due to all the United States Armed Forces who fought in the Vietnam War the House of Representatives approved Resolution 586, which proclaimed March 30, 2008 as Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day in Pennsylvania. This day honors all of the Vietnam Veterans who had to fight for our freedom. Freedom has a special meaning that the protected shall never know.
On the sixth anniversary of the passing of Resolution 586 on March 30, join with the National Department of PA, District 0 and local Lititz Springs Post 1463 and Ladies Auxiliary in flying the American flag to honor all Vietnam Veterans.
Lititz Springs VFW Post 1463