- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
A Vet 21 thank you
Editor, Record Express,
On behalf of the entire Vet 21 Salute Honor Guard, we would like to thank everyone who stopped by our Chili Cook-Off stand to say hello and gave a donation toward our cause. Some of the money raised will go toward the purchase of an engraved stone to be inserted into the Dick Winters WWII Memorial. The stone will have one of our own departed members name on it, Charlie Ferich.
Vet 21 has given Military Honors to more than 1,100 Honorable Discharged men and women who have served in the Armed Forces, who have now passed, in just over three years throughout Lancaster County and at the Ft. Indiantown Gap National Cemetery. We are one of only three rifle units in the state that provides honors at Ft. Indiantown Gap. Vet 21 Salute Honor Guard operates entirely on donations. Our largest expense is the 8,000 blanks we use in our rifles yearly.
For more information about us visit vet21salute.org.
Once more we want to thank the Lititz Leos and everyone in Lititz for their support.
God Bless America’s Coolest Small Town.
Submitted by Gaurd Member Matt Good.
Vet 21 Salute Honor Guard
44 Wilson Drive