- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
65, caregiver at Friendship Community,
founder of Vision Care Ethiopia
Yoseph Haileselassie, 65, of Lititz, passed away Monday, July 29, 2013 at Hospice and Community Care in Mount Joy.
He was the husband of Etagegnelu Alemu. Born in Ethiopia, he was the son of Haileselassie Woldemichael and Shewaye Hailemarian.
Yoseph had been a caregiver at the Friendship Community in Lititz. He was also the founder of Vision Care Ethiopia, a non-profit group that provided eye care to people in Ethiopia.
He was a member of the Ethiopian Evangelical Church in Landisville.
In addition to his wife, Yoseph is survived by his children: Yemi, married to Tim Daugherty of Middletown; Nebiyu, Biruk Haileselassie and fiancÃ© of Zufan Abera and Biniam Haileselassie of Baltimore, Md.; and his four grandchildren: Noah, Lydia, Naomi and Joshua. He is also survived by his brother: Ephraim and his sisters: Roman and Almaz Haileselassie, and by a number of nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews.
Relatives and friends attended Yoseph’s funeral service on July 31 at the Ethiopian Evangelical Church. Interment was in Landis Valley Mennonite Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, make contributions in Yoseph’s memory to Vision Care Ethiopia, 1212 Cloverleaf Rd., Mount Joy, PA 17552. To send an online condolence, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.