- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
65, caregiver at Friendship Community,
founder of Vision Care Ethiopia
Yoseph Haileselassie, 65, of Lititz, passed away Monday, July 29, 2013 at Hospice and Community Care in Mount Joy.
He was the husband of Etagegnelu Alemu. Born in Ethiopia, he was the son of Haileselassie Woldemichael and Shewaye Hailemarian.
Yoseph had been a caregiver at the Friendship Community in Lititz. He was also the founder of Vision Care Ethiopia, a non-profit group that provided eye care to people in Ethiopia.
He was a member of the Ethiopian Evangelical Church in Landisville.
In addition to his wife, Yoseph is survived by his children: Yemi, married to Tim Daugherty of Middletown; Nebiyu, Biruk Haileselassie and fiancÃ© of Zufan Abera and Biniam Haileselassie of Baltimore, Md.; and his four grandchildren: Noah, Lydia, Naomi and Joshua. He is also survived by his brother: Ephraim and his sisters: Roman and Almaz Haileselassie, and by a number of nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews.
Relatives and friends attended Yoseph’s funeral service on July 31 at the Ethiopian Evangelical Church. Interment was in Landis Valley Mennonite Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, make contributions in Yoseph’s memory to Vision Care Ethiopia, 1212 Cloverleaf Rd., Mount Joy, PA 17552. To send an online condolence, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.