- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
William Walsh, Jr. 87, WWII veteran, fireman
William J. Walsh, Jr., 87, passed away July 26, 2012 at the Lancashire Hall Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Elizabeth and William J. Walsh, Sr. He was the husband of Mary E. (Werner) Walsh; together they celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary on Nov. 21, 2011.
Bill served in Europe with the United States Army during World War II. He was a 25 year veteran of the Lancaster City Fire Department until his retirement in 1978. After his retirement, he and his wife lived in Stuart, Fla. for 25 years.
Surviving in addition to his wife are his daughter: Barbara A., wife of William J. Oehme, Lititz; his sons: Michael J., William J. III, and his wife Jean, Kevin L. and his wife Cheryl, all of Lancaster; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. Also surviving are two sisters: Joanne and Peggy.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and one sister.
Private interment was at the convenience of the family. Pursuant to Bill’s wishes, there was no funeral or memorial service. Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania, Inc.