- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
William M. Leary 80, syndicated cartoonist
William M. Leary, 80, passed away on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Charles L. and Hildegarde L. Turner Leary.
William graduated from J.P. McCaskey in 1950. After graduation, he sought employment in order to put himself through college. He eventually enrolled at Franklin & Marshall College and earned his BA in 1956.
He was a syndicated cartoonist for over 20 years, publishing strips such as "A Little Leary" and "Graffiti By Leary." He had also worked at Lukens Steel in Coatesville for many years.
He is survived by his niece: Gretchen Kranch of Elizabethtown; and his sister: Patricia McSparren of Tarpon Springs, Fla. He was preceded in death by his sister: Marguerite L. Kranch and his brother: Timothy C. Leary.
Services will be private. Condolences can be sent to snyderfuneralhome.com.