- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
William M. Leary 80, syndicated cartoonist
William M. Leary, 80, passed away on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Charles L. and Hildegarde L. Turner Leary.
William graduated from J.P. McCaskey in 1950. After graduation, he sought employment in order to put himself through college. He eventually enrolled at Franklin & Marshall College and earned his BA in 1956.
He was a syndicated cartoonist for over 20 years, publishing strips such as "A Little Leary" and "Graffiti By Leary." He had also worked at Lukens Steel in Coatesville for many years.
He is survived by his niece: Gretchen Kranch of Elizabethtown; and his sister: Patricia McSparren of Tarpon Springs, Fla. He was preceded in death by his sister: Marguerite L. Kranch and his brother: Timothy C. Leary.
Services will be private. Condolences can be sent to snyderfuneralhome.com.