- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
William M. Leary 80, syndicated cartoonist
William M. Leary, 80, passed away on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Charles L. and Hildegarde L. Turner Leary.
William graduated from J.P. McCaskey in 1950. After graduation, he sought employment in order to put himself through college. He eventually enrolled at Franklin & Marshall College and earned his BA in 1956.
He was a syndicated cartoonist for over 20 years, publishing strips such as "A Little Leary" and "Graffiti By Leary." He had also worked at Lukens Steel in Coatesville for many years.
He is survived by his niece: Gretchen Kranch of Elizabethtown; and his sister: Patricia McSparren of Tarpon Springs, Fla. He was preceded in death by his sister: Marguerite L. Kranch and his brother: Timothy C. Leary.
Services will be private. Condolences can be sent to snyderfuneralhome.com.