- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
William M. Leary 80, syndicated cartoonist
William M. Leary, 80, passed away on Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Charles L. and Hildegarde L. Turner Leary.
William graduated from J.P. McCaskey in 1950. After graduation, he sought employment in order to put himself through college. He eventually enrolled at Franklin & Marshall College and earned his BA in 1956.
He was a syndicated cartoonist for over 20 years, publishing strips such as "A Little Leary" and "Graffiti By Leary." He had also worked at Lukens Steel in Coatesville for many years.
He is survived by his niece: Gretchen Kranch of Elizabethtown; and his sister: Patricia McSparren of Tarpon Springs, Fla. He was preceded in death by his sister: Marguerite L. Kranch and his brother: Timothy C. Leary.
Services will be private. Condolences can be sent to snyderfuneralhome.com.